Headwaters Tourism is a not-for-profit, multi award-winning destination marketing organization representing the rural Headwaters region of Ontario and providing tourism services on behalf of the regional tourism industry and on behalf of the municipal partners in Dufferin County and the Towns of Caledon, Mono, Shelburne & Erin. Through innovation and vision, Headwaters Tourism has become a provincial and national leader in tourism destination marketing and management and is raising the bar for rural tourism development.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support for Headwaters Tourism.
- Responsible for maintaining files, records and correspondence; responding to enquiries, and providing overall administrative support
- Office ambassador, responsible for first line customer and stakeholder inquiries, including telephone, electronic & in-person
- Managing the office files, supplies, machines and equipment, including telecommunications equipment
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail – paperwork and invoices as required
- Correspondence and distribution of organizational materials
- Responsible for managing all company information in databases by identifying the best ways to organize, store and present data to serve the needs of the organization.
- Building, maintaining, administering and supporting databases (MS Access, CRM and Constant Contact), managing access, privileges and information migration, evaluating new tools and technologies, analyzing user needs and presenting findings to management, to support efficient and streamlined administrative procedures.
- Maintain data integrity and updating member data (contact information, profile, demographics etc.) in an accurate manner, adhering to internal database requirements and with support of office administration
- Administration of Partnership Program
- Administrative support for all organizational partners & program participants
- Coordinating the brochure distribution program, including distribution schedule and processes with area brochure distribution representatives;
- Responsible for administration of website and all relevant tools, photo gallery and news tool, and be prepared to provide assistance to industry partners on use of site
- Responsible for deployment of electronic newsletters for both consumers and B2B
- Invoicing and processing renewals and payments for memberships
- Collections activities for renewals and payments
- Invoicing and processing payments for events
- Reporting for summer students and funding providers
- Meeting package preparation for monthly Board meetings
- Other related duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills (both written & oral);
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills – must adhere to deadlines, be able to multi-task and prioritize activities to achieve objectives;
- Proficiency in Microsoft, WordPress and Constant Contact applications;
- An engaging, energetic and dynamic personality; must be presentable & articulate;
- An exceptional work ethic;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Have a valid Ontario driver’s license.
This is a part-time position (25 hours per week to increase over time). The Administrative Assistant will work out of our offices in Mono, ON.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contact.
Headwaters Tourism is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.