2019 is the 6th annual signature ride through Brampton, Caledon and … new this year – Mississauga! #bikethecreek
Bike the Creek is a FREE event aimed at encouraging people of all ages to discover the joys of cycling. Join hundreds of cyclists in our fun family ride through the spectacular valleys, trails and historic landmarks, urban and rural settings of Peel Region.
Register by Jun 14th to ensure your free lunch, complements of Region of Peel Walk+Roll. Registration for this event is free. If you wish, a voluntary donation to the Toronto and Region Conservation Foundation can be made. This is appreciated and not required for registration.
What’s new for 2019!
- Peel Region-wide with Mississauga joining Brampton and Caledon
- All 4 rides pass through beautiful Heart Lake Conservation Area, stopping at the Indigenous Medicine Wheel Pavilion
- All 4 rides travel on Heart Lake Road, featuring Brampton’s pop up Eco Bike Café with selfie photo booth
- Toronto Pearson Ride:
- Etobicoke Creek Trail under #410 and #407, now paved south to Mount Charles Park, Mississauga
- Southern most loop into Toronto Pearson Airport lands, where one might see adjacent jets landing
- Brampton Downtown Riverwalk pavilion, site of Rosalea Park and special flood protection area
- Town Ride:
- Badlands Pavilion in Cheltenham, a historical geological feature managed by Credit Valley Conservation.
- Loop north onto The Grange Side Road in the extraordinary Caledon hills
Rides begin at Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre, 292 Conestoga Drive, Brampton. Parking is available in the lot. Additional parking at Heart Lake Secondary School and Conestoga Public School to the south of the recreation centre. If these lots are full you may park in designated parking zones on the east or west side of Conestoga Dr. If you live close by, simply cycle to the event!
Meet old and new friends. Check in at Registration indoors, to get your Bike the Creek handle bar tag, passport and map and purchase a T-shirt, if you wish. Visit our sponsor booths to see what’s new. It’s not a race! Pick up passport stamp at each pavilion for a chance to win valuable prizes. Return to Jim Archdekin for final stamp at Peel Waste pavilion. Visit registration again to turn in your passport stamps for prize tickets. Enjoy lunch complements of Region of Peel Walk+Roll. Volunteers at Peel Waste pavilion will help you separate your lunch waste for proper recycling.
This is a ZERO WASTE event! Please bring your own refillable water bottles! Let’s help Brampton to Grow Green
The Google map link above shows all 4 routes, pavilions, volunteer positions, curb ramps. To view a single route at a time, ‘unclick’ the red check marks in the menu for other routes and information you want to exclude.