1402 Queen Street
Alton, ON L7K 0C3
Alton Mill Arts Centre is pleased to present the following during A Taste of the Harvest.
Gourmandissimo Café at the Alton Mill will be offering the following delicious Harvest Menu items:
- Roasted garlic “Rock Garden” pumpkin soup with spiced pumpkin seeds (Vegan)
- Pumpkin “Pommies” apple cider bisque
- African sweet potato peanut soup
- Smokey “Hockley Beer” pumpkin beef stew
- Chickpea Pumpkin coconut curry (Vegan)
- Pork loin with apple & cranberry stuffing served with spiced sweet potato and Brussel sprouts
- Sausage and apple stuffed acorn squash
- “Albion Orchards” Apple & Brie on croissant press
- Bacon & Apple grilled cheese
- Apple, pecan rosemary, greek yoghurt, chicken salad
…and for a little something sweet
- “Dixie Orchards” Apple cinnamon scones
- Pumpkin “Putney Heath” Maple Scones
- Pumpkin Cheesecake streusel bars
- Whole-wheat apple walnut loaves
- Pumpkin cranberry muffins
- Fresh pumpkin maple tarts & flans
Alton Mill Arts Centre is also pleased to present the following events during A Taste of the Harvest.
October 22 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Create a beautiful kaleidoscope of vibrant fall leaves in all their multitudes of colours in this hands-on workshop. This is a fabulous opportunity to play with colour and experience Mother Nature’s glorious annual “change of costume” in a whole new way. Working from real leaves you will create your own unique composition and build your painting by working with form, shape and colour.
Join artist CJ Shelton to learn more about where some of our Halloween customs originated as you weave your own personal ‘Witches Ladder’ from wool, ribbon and a variety of found objects. Set your intentions for the winter ahead or weave thoughts and prayers symbolically into your creation. Your ‘ladder’ can be hung indoors or outdoors to send its message to the spirit world and protect your home.
October 15 @ 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Create a still life painting of some of the fruits found in our local fall harvest – crisp apples, chubby squashes, wheat sheaves, dried corn and more in this watercolour basics session with artist CJ Shelton.
Buy a delicious soup in a hand-made bowl, keep the bowl as a gentle reminder that not everyone has a full bowl every day. 100% of the proceeds donated to local food banks.