Rhythmfoot is just that…rhythm through music, dance and soul.
A pairing of drums and rhythmic stepdancing is the norm in the household of Frank and Chanda Leahy. Residing in Orangeville, Chanda operates ‘Chanda’s School of Dance’ which is celebrating 20+ years. Frank is the drummer in the band ‘Leahy’ and he teaches drums and fiddle when he is not touring.
With their own love of music and dance, it was only natural to pass it down to their 6 children who carry on the tradition. For the past 3 years they have enjoyed performing for local fairs and festivals as well as competing in Fiddle and Stepdance competitions. Xavier age 14, plays accordion, fiddle and dances; Aliyah, age 11, Mariah, 9, Savannah, 8, and Julayna, 5 love to dance, sing, and play the fiddle. Four-year old Francis will be the next to join the group. It’s all about the beat!
Catch Rhythmfoot live in and around Headwaters at the following events:
- Get Your Celtic On at Alton Mill Arts Centre – April 30
- Caledon Day – June 17
- Orangeville RAM Rodeo – June 18
- Canada Day at Albion Hills – July 1
- Fergus Highland Games – August 12/13
- Fergus Fall Fair – September 17
- Grand Valley Fall Fair – September 22
- Erin Fall Fair – October 9